Updated: Jun 28, 2021
I had the most phenomenal week this week, I was super busy with booking travel and vacations for clients with a huge smile on my face.
Oh, my job…I get excited… so excited that I jump out of bed ready for another busy day of happiness.
I started this business to make people happy and it turns out that I am sharing that happiness. What a humbling experience! BUT what made me really happy was my client (pictured above). She needed to travel super quick… I mean really quickly! It was the Friday and she had to leave on the Sunday, and... I did it!
This was her comment on learning that everything was booked.
25/10/2019 - C: "Aweeee! Thank you!!! You are the real gift!!! Knowing how much time is needed between flights, etc...you are a real specialist!!!!”
On reaching her destination and hotel, I then received another message which again made me smile…
27/10/2019 - C: "Thank you sooo much for your amazing work!!! I am so blessed!! More pics soon!!”
Now this is the type of comments that makes you think that whatever you do, once you have given your all, it is worth getting out of bed.
I have always had careers where it involves helping others, and apart from teaching children, this is by far one of the best business careers that I have entered into.
These are the reasons why we love this business so much!
Everyone’s vision of a "travel agent" is ..the middle aged dinosaur who has been working booking travel in various scenarios for 20-30 years, at a store front building with a variety of brochures and posters...but that is changing rapidly!
We are not "order-takers" any longer, but have to also excel at marketing, social media, contract negotiation, advertising, website development, writing skills, sales and human resources. I don't know about you, but I embrace all of the new technology that twenty-somethings can't live without!
So how do we get the message out to the "the world out there” that the Travel Industry offers an amazing opportunity for exploration, growth and success?
We have all seen the headlines and read about the demise of the ‘travel agent.’ At one point, President Obama proclaimed us “extinct”.
Online booking agencies like TripAdvisor, Travelocity and Expedia, booking online directly with suppliers and now Groupon and even Amazon entering the market big time, all appear to have replaced the need for the travel advisor. But was this death notice posted prematurely? And maybe…just maybe…is the career choice of travel professional one of today's best kept secrets?
Here are my reason to think that it’s one of the best jobs in the world
- I set my own schedule and hours and mostly work from home, Starbucks, the library or anywhere that has a great internet connections. This gives me the opportunity to focus on your needs, wants, likes and dislikes without constant interruptions.
- It doesn't cost a lot to get in to the profession, although it definitely helps to enrol in a well-respected training program and network with others who are joining me on my journey. There is a lot of online training available and even annual events and conferences which I attend. This helps me to keep up to date ensuring that I will always give you the best ideas and suggestions.
- I am my own boss! However, that means I am also responsible for my own success, and success doesn't come from playing video games all day or binge-watching “Say yes to the dress”- which I love to watch, instead of working on a marketing plan. I have to be motivated!
- It's a "fun" profession to be a part of! Although I work hours, even overtime I enjoy chatting to my clients and finding out about their likes and dislikes, negotiating with suppliers, training and researching options tirelessly online. The outcome is a fun and happy one....Most of my clients are excited about their upcoming travel plans and I get as excited as they do just talking about it!
- As I grow in the business, it becomes super important to know what I am selling. There are lots of opportunities for my own educational travel provided by travel suppliers. For example, I will go on a working vacation I will be given the opportunity to tour the resorts, eat in the restaurants, walk through the rooms, meet with management and receive great marketing/sales support so I can better recommend these properties to you. These trips can be fast-paced and hard-work, but I am working in some of the most beautiful places in the world! Not too shabby!
- BUT, the most important aspect, is seeing the happiness and fulfilment on your face. Priceless!
I am honoured to be working with amazing specialists that I have met in my years in travel who are very busy traveling the world, setting up business and marketing systems, serving their clients 24/7. Some like me, are sharing their expertise with a worldwide public on social media and you can find me there.
As an independent Specialist Travel Planner, I work with other specialist travel professional, planners and consultants to ensure that you, the traveller is being served by someone who truly KNOWS and LOVES the destination you are interested in and traveling to. I make sure that all the knowledge gained in used to enhance your travel experiences.
As I stated before, this is one of the best job in the world and as the tagline on my website says -
“Turn Your Dreams Into Boarding Passes!”
So let me do that for you!
If you are want to have a vacation, wedding, honeymoon or any other celebration holiday which is truly unforgettable, you should definitely use inspirational travel plus as your professional planner to help you with your next trip.
+1 868 231 0987
+44 7490 131213
Comment, Like, Share and Subscribe! Thanks!
P.S As you can see our logo is a dream-catcher, that means we catch your dreams and make them come true.